Some useful information when you want to make use of a studio:
- Make sure you have everything you need and always be on time.
- Studio time is quite expensive. Having to organize something and having to wait for it can push the cost over your budget. Further nobody likes having their time wasted, time which could have been used for other purposes. If you do not have everything you need, you will look like an amateur.
- Do not, on purpose, make amateur mistakes – if you act like a professional, you will be considered as such.
- The Film and Television industry in South Africa is very small (compared to other countries). If you work on the principle that just because the project you are working on is not important, and therefore you may make mistakes, you will be marked as somebody to never work with. Do everything as professionally as possible even if it is only a student project.
- If you do not know something, don’t say you do.
- People will have a lot more respect for you if you admit that you do not know something, than if you said you do know it and really do not know it. If you do not know, then go and search for an answer so that you do know or take a course to learn it.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to be seen as professional.